DR. LISA WENDLING
“I am off to save the world, one smile at a time!”, this is what I used to tell my two boys when they were young as I left for the office and they headed off to school. They would giggle, I would giggle, and it was a great start to our day. The truth is, I really feel this way! Orthodontics is truly my passion and Wendling Orthodontics is a huge part of my life.
Born and raised in Michigan, I have called mid-Michigan home for most of my life. I graduated high school from New Lothrop and then received my undergraduate education at the University of Michigan. In 1989 I married my high school sweetheart and started my dental school education. I received my dental degree from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry in 1993, where I was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, an honorary dental fraternity. I discovered an interest in orthodontics while in dental school and chose to continue my orthodontic specialty education at the University of Michigan. I had my first son, Nolan in 1995, during my orthodontic residency and went on to receive a Master’s Degree in Orthodontics in 1996. My second son, Spencer was born in 1997 and I joined what is now Wendling Orthodontics (formerly Vanitvelt and Wendling Orthodontics) in 1998.
Allan (my husband) and I try to spend as much time as we can with our two grown sons, Nolan and Spencer. We also spend many weekends in northern Michigan and love to travel. We are avid dog lovers, which explains the multitude of dog art sprinkled throughout Wendling Orthodontics, and have had French Bulldogs as big part of our family for almost twenty years.
Through the years I have seen first-hand how a healthy, beautiful smile can foster a boost in confidence and self-esteem and am passionate about making a difference in someone’s life. I understand that the decision to improve one’s smile is a big one, filled with excitement and expectation as well as nervousness and hesitation. It is my job to create beautiful healthy smiles for my patients you have always wanted, and I focus on making the process both rewarding and fun. I often develop meaningful relationships with my patients through the course of orthodontic treatment and am privileged to be able to make a positive change in the lives of so many by helping to transform their smiles.
• Undergraduate from the University of Michigan
• Dental degree from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry
• Orthodontic Specialty from the University of Michigan
• Master’s Degree in Orthodontics from the University of Michigan
• American Association of Orthodontists
• American Dental Association
• Michigan Association Orthodontists
• Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
• Genesee District Dental Society
• University of Michigan School of Dentistry Alumni Board of Governors
• Former Examiner for the State of Michigan Orthodontic Specialty Examination
• Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Genesee County
• Omicron Kappa Upsilon, honorary dental fraternity